FB.login() on a click event in my application. The dialog pops up as expected, but when the user is done logging into Facebook (and/or authorizing the app), the dialog does not close. Instead it loads a white page (inside the dialog) and the title changes to XD Proxy.
This only happens on Google Chrome (I'm using the latest version available right now for Windows 7).
This doesn't happen if Chrome is in Incognito mode.
The fb-login 'social plugin' works fine on Chrome.
To test/debug this further, I created a new Facebook App with vanilla settings. The only change I made was set the Site URL in the app settings. Here's HTML code that you can use to recreate this bug.
Sample Code for recreating issue
Facebook Settings that I've tried changing
- Setting a site domain, didn't change anything.
- Using a custom channelUrl and channel file, didn't help either.
Related bugs tracked at Facebook
Related issues here on Stack Overflow
- Blank popup with FB connect
- facebook connect blank pop up on chrome
- Facebook Connect Login redirecting in Chrome and Safari
- Facebook connect showing blank popup on login in Internet explorer 8
- Facebook login popup window stays open when using Fb.login in IE
- JS SDK FB.login() works but pop-up dialog is staying open after logged in
- Facebook login hangs at "XD Proxy" when page is installed via Chrome Web Store
- XD Proxy Facebook
- XD_Proxy popup won't close
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
I got a similar call to
FB.login() to close the dialog box by changing
onclick="dologin(); return false;"