I need to record sound by using mobile's own microphone... How to do it?
It's explained here
Audio capture from the device is a bit more complicated than audio/video playback, but still fairly simple:
- Create a new instance of android.media.MediaRecorder using new
- Set the audio source using MediaRecorder.setAudioSource(). You will probably want to use MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC
- Set output file format using MediaRecorder.setOutputFormat()
- Set output file name using MediaRecorder.setOutputFile()
- Set the audio encoder using MediaRecorder.setAudioEncoder()
- Call MediaRecorder.prepare() on the MediaRecorder instance.
- To start audio capture, call MediaRecorder.start().
- To stop audio capture, call MediaRecorder.stop().
- When you are done with the MediaRecorder instance, call MediaRecorder.release() on it. Calling MediaRecorder.release() is always recommended to free the resource immediately.