I want to generate ER diagram of SQL database using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio however, I dont know how to.
I found this technique online http://forums.asp.net/t/1790223.aspx?Making+ER+Diagram+from+SQL+Server+2008+Database
However, I am not able to see "Database Node" or "Database Diagrams" nodes as mentioned in the 1st and 2nd steps.
Hence, please let me know how can I generate ER diagram from an existing DB.
From the comments below, I realize that I was right in my understanding that Database node means the node with my database name. But then my problem is I am not able to find the "Database Diagrams" node under my Database name. What should I do now so that I can see it.
PS: Its not a local database.
- Go to Sql Server Management Studio >
- Object Explorer >
- Databases >
- Choose and expand your Database.
- Under your database right click on "Database Diagrams" and select "New Database Diagram".
- It will a open a new window. Choose tables to include in ER-Diagram (to select multiple tables press "ctrl" or "shift" button and select tables).
- Click add.
- Wait for it to complete. Done!!
You can save generated diagram for future use.