Recently I updated to XCode Version 8.0 (8A218a) on El Capitan (OS X 10.11 using Macports 2.3.4), and ever since, I have been getting the following link error when I try to compile my project inside Qt Creator.
/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-5 -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.8 -Wl,-rpath,/Users/zero/builds/Qt5.7.0/5.7/clang_64/lib -o uniMR.app/Contents/MacOS/uniMR ALL_OBJECT_FILES_GO_HERE.o -F/Users/zero/builds/Qt5.7.0/5.7/clang_64/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -funit-at-a-time -fopenmp -lmlpack -larmadillo -framework CoreFoundation -DNDEBUG -lpthread -lALL_ITK_LIBS_GO_HERE -framework QtOpenGL -framework QtWidgets -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework DiskArbitration -framework IOKit -framework QtXml -framework OpenGL -framework AGL **ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v2 file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation.tbd' for architecture x86_64 collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [uniMR.app/Contents/MacOS/uniMR] Error 1**
I am compiling the main project with gcc 5.4 (not clang) inside QtCreator (Qt 5.7), and all my dependent libraries (ITK, BOOST, etc) are compiled using gcc 5.4 as well. I also recompiled all my dependent libraries after upgrading XCode, but that did not help either. I could find only one post that is related to the error I am seeing, but it doesnt seem useful: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51701
All was fine before I upgraded XCode. Now I am not sure how to fix the issue. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.
This doesnt seem like a problem with any of the external libraries I am linking with. This is what I did. I created a new "QT widgets application" in QtCreator, and chose to compile with gcc5. I get the same error
ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v2. If I switch to clang, then there is no error.
I had this "ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v2" error building an unrelated project and was able to solve it by editing the .tbd file for the framework that was giving the error. For me that file was: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate.tbd I simply removed the entire line "--- !tapi-tbd-v2" while building, and then put it back once finished.